Т.В. Барановська. Граматика англійської мови. Вправа 63.
Розкрийте дужки, вживаючи слова в одному із часів. Present Simple, Past Simple, Present Continuous, Past Continuous.
- You (to know) him? He always (to tell) a Lie.
- What he (to do) here? - He (to wait) for his friend.
- When I (to come) уesterday. I (to see) that my brother (to do) his lesson.
- Where (to be) Nick? - He (to play) tennis. - He (to play) tennis well.
- My wife (to be) in her room now. She (to sit) in the armchair and (to read) an interesting book. I (to want) to read this book, too.
- Where she (to be) yesterday? - She (to visit) her friend. They (to play) chess the whole evening.
- What they (to do) the whole day last Sunday? - They (to spend) the whole day in the country.
- When I (to look) out of the window, I (to see) that it (to snow) and everything (to be) covered with snow.
- Somebody (to talk) In the next room? - No, nobody (to talk). My son (to watch) television now.
- Why he (not to go) to school yesterday? - He (to be) ill. He (to stay) in bed the whole day.
- You (to work), when I phoned you last night? - Yes, I (to work).
- Why they (to sit) here now? - They (to wait) for their doctor. The doctor (to be) late.
- He (to ask) you to work into last Tuesday? - No, he (not to ask). I (to decide) to work late myself.
- Yesterday (to be) a typical summer day, the sun (to beat) down, the sky (to be) cloudless.
- Yesterday, when he (to open) the door, he (to understand) that he (to do) It with a wrong key.
- Every day she (to return) home, (to have) dinner and (to rest). But yesterday she (not to reet) after dinner, she (to work) at her report tho whole evening.