- Waiter! Will you show us the menu-card?
- Here you are, sir. And this is the wine list.
- Well, you may remove it as we are not going to take any drink. We are driving. We mean to have a snack and that's all. Have you got lobsters?
- I'm sorry, sir, but they are not on the menu.
- And what about salmon?
- No, sorry. We have not.
- What a nuisance! Well, what is that famous food you treat your customers to?
- Chicken broth is our speciality, sir.
- Is your restaurant licensed to serve hard drinks?
- Certainly, sir. And we have a wide choice of them, too. At present there isn't a better restaurant than this one.
- Very well. I'd like to have dinner. What would you recommend for the first course?
- I think there is chicken soup which is, incidentally, our cook's favourite job.
- Indeed? And choosing a grill, what will you suggest?
- Oh, sir: if you order roast saddle of mutton, you make a fine choice. And what about the sweet, sir?
- I'll go without it. Just a glass of orange juice, and that's all.
- Well... you asked me about strong drinks. What will you have, sir?
- Nothing whatever. It was a mere curiosity.