The first of September
It is the first of September. All the schoolchildren are at school again. The pupils want to begin their lessons again. They are glad to see their teachers and friends. It is their first day at school after the summer holidays. We can see many little boys and girls with their mothers and fathers or grandmothers and grandfathers. These children are six or seven. Today is their first day at school. Many children have flowers in thier hands. The flowers are for their teachers. The day is very fine. The pupils are happy.
- Hello, Kate! I am glad to see you again. Where did you spend your summer holidays?
- Hello, Sasha! I am glad to see you too. I was in the village in summer. Where were you?
- I was in town on my summer holidays. I had a good time. It was very hot in summer. I often went to the river with my father and mother. And what about you?
- I went to the pond and to the forest with my brother. I helped my grandfather and grandmother about the house. Did you play football in summer?
- Yes, I did. Sometimes I played football with my friends and sometimes I played tennis. In the evening I watched TV.
- But we must go to the classroom.
- Yes, let's go.